Research and Development
Prec-Odlew works in cooperation with many R&D centres in the sphere of research, development and endorsement of the actual results of these projects. Most of the outcomes of our R&D work have been applied in various foundry plants.
- Research and commercialization of resins for the CO2 process with a small amount of phenol resins for refractory materials, novolac resins for surrounded sands with a low content of free phenol. We are currently working on a replacement for furan resins. The projects have been implemented in cooperation with Instytut Ciężkiej Syntezy Organicznej “Blachownia” (Institute of Heavy Organic Synthesis “Blachownia”) which has been our partner continually since the 1990s.
- Research on low gas emission self-curing masses. The work carried out in cooperation with the AGH University of Science and Technology. Cooperation has continued uninterrupted since the late 1990s.
- Cooperation in work on mass with water glass in new composite materials technology, carried out with the Foundry Research Institute, Krakow.
- Targeted project within the NSC, i.e. the development of ester-cured phenolic resins. The project was realized in cooperation with the ICHP – Industrial Chemistry Research Institute in 2005-2006.
- Development of esters for self-curing masses in water glass, in cooperation with the Zakłady Azotowe w Kędzierzynie (Nitrogen Factory in Kędzierzyn). Implementation in Zespół Odlewni Rafamet Sp. z o.o. (Foundry Complex Rafamet Sp. z o.o.).
- Determining the effectiveness of the sealing of samples of aluminium alloys subjected to the sealing preparation “Skaw 1” and comparatively with sealant formulations A (German) B (Polish), in cooperation with AGH, Department of Non-Ferrous Metal Foundry, 2002.
- Targeted project: Developing technologies and launching the production of sealing ropes for the mould walls, implemented in cooperation with the Department of Foundry Engineering, AGH, 2004.
- Development of methods for stabilization of the binding properties of the composition of alkaline phenolic resin, ester hardeners and adhesion promoters in the period of at least 6 five weeks, implemented in Cooperation with the Institute of Industrial Chemistry, 2000.